Skip to main content

Girl What You Gonna Do With Your Life? Part 3



I've always felt like I was too big for Northern Kentucky. I lived here all my life and I have out grew this small town. My goal is to move to a big city. For the longest I wanted to move to Los Angeles. I wanted to be an actress and L.A seemed like the place to be. Now that I realize that acting is not in my near future I have another destination in mind. Harlem.

New York is so fascinating to me. I feel like there's always something to do. In the fast pace city there is never a dull moment. I need that in my life. Doing the same thing in the same mundane city gets old. New York is exciting! I mean come on that's where Sex and the City was based in.

Harlem is the borough I'm attracted to because I feel like the city is so lively. With the Harlem Renaissance and multicultural community it has a rich history that I have just fell in love with. Out of all of the boroughs I feel like I would fit better in Harlem. Everything is there for me, especially Times Square. I can see myself working there and just being in that type of environment.

I listen to podcasts of people from New York and my cousin lives there and I just can't wait live there. I want to experience and understand the references. I want to have a New York state of mind. New York seems like it fits my personality more than Los Angeles would (that's until I experience my first winter there then I'll be California dreaming). I can't wait to shop there, eat all the great food, go to all the cool places. Harlem just seems poppin' and I need to be there.

Knowing that I'm going to leave this small time to move on to something bigger helps keep me focused. I know I won't be here for long so it makes me optimistic for the future. It can be a little scary uprooting your whole life and moving away from your family but I feel like it's time. I can't grow as a person if i'm living in the same place all my life. So get ready to see me working at Times Square and Harlem shaking my way onto your TV sets.



Comments