Skip to main content

Jump Into Spring With This Soul Cleansing Neo-Soul Playlist

If you grew up anything like me, musicians like Musiq Soulchild, Lauryn Hill, and Jill Scott flooded your household growing up. On car rides my parents only brought Jaheim, Musiq Soulchild, and instrumental hip-hop CDs on the road. I didn't really appreciate this music until my college years to be honest. I used to get sick of hearing somebody beg to be your friend and why Jaheim was fabulous.



Now when I listen to these artists it brings up nostalgia. I feel calm and peaceful. Listening to neo-soul has become a part of my self-care routine and makes me feel like I'm cleansing my soul. As spring is arriving and everyone is getting rid of all of the toxicity in their lives. I decided to create a neo-soul playlist of the songs I grew up on. The many car rides, Saturday morning cleaning sessions, and hair washing days all tied into one playlist. Consider this playlist an audio saging of the soul. Enjoy!



Comments